Sunday, May 17, 2020

The Wishing Spell by Chris Colfer

The Land Of Stories: The Wishing Spell ( Land Of Stories ...
Add caption
The Wishing Spell book info:
Series: The Land of Stories #1
Page count: 438
Author: Chris Colfer
Genre: Fantasy

Overall Rating:
*****
Goodreads Description:

"Alex and Conner Bailey's world is about to change, in this fast-paced adventure that uniquely combines our modern day world with the enchanting realm of classic fairy tales.
The Land of Stories tells the tale of twins Alex and Conner. Through the mysterious powers of a cherished book of stories, they leave their world behind and find themselves in a foreign land full of wonder and magic where they come face-to-face with the fairy tale characters they grew up reading about.

But after a series of encounters with witches, wolves, goblins, and trolls alike, getting back home is going to be harder than they thought." - Goodreads

Review

    I first read The Wishing Spell by Chris Colfer in 6th grade. After going through a MASSIVE and EXTENSIVE reading slump for about 2 years, quarantine made me want to revive my love for books again, and the first book that I picked up was The Wishing Spell. 

    The story of two twins who travel into a magical world full of story characters from their past was unlike no other. It was fast paced, yet it wasn't lacking in any aspects. It was really enjoyable to see the different Disney characters and discover their carefully crafted background stories. It almost reminded me of the show, Once Upon a Time which is one of my most favorite shows. That is most likely why I enjoyed reading this book so much. Not only does it offer so many interesting aspects to catch the readers' attention but it also teaches the readers' a valuable lesson and shows how everyone is who they are for a reason. 

    Despite how good this book was, my only complaint would be that the main leads, Alex and Conner, accomplished their quests a little too easy. I wish more was at stake to add more spice and flavor to the book. Also, the beginning of the book was less enjoyable to me than the rest of the book because Alex and Conner were still in the human world. Things became more fun when they dive into the mysterious world of the Land of Stories. 

    I'm the type of reader that can read books from YA novels to Middle School novels, but sometimes I know reading a Middle School novel could be lacking for a YA audience, but this book was one of the few novels that I would recommend to YA readers as well. So, who says an actor can't be an author too! I questioned it at first but I am in absolute LOVE with this series and best believe I am definitely picking up the next book.  

    






























No comments:

Post a Comment