Saturday, August 25, 2018

Fairest by Marissa Meyer: Book Review


Fairest Book Info:

Series: The Lunar Chronicles (prequel)

Page Count: 222
Author: Marissa Meyer
Genre: Sci-fi/Fantasy
Published On: Jan. 27,2015
Published by: Feiwel & Friends

Overall Rating:

★★★★

Goodreads Descriptions:


"In this stunning bridge book between Cress and Winter in the bestselling Lunar Chronicles, Queen Levana’s story is finally told.

Mirror, mirror on the wall,
Who is the fairest of them all?

Fans of the Lunar Chronicles know Queen Levana as a ruler who uses her “glamour” to gain power. But long before she crossed paths with Cinder, Scarlet, and Cress, Levana lived a very different story – a story that has never been told . . . until now.

Marissa Meyer spins yet another unforgettable tale about love and war, deceit and death. This extraordinary book includes full-color art and an excerpt from Winter, the next book in the Lunar Chronicles series."-
 Goodreads






"You're wrong princess. I don't know what you're describing, but it isn't love."


My Thoughts:
  This book was honestly creepy in the best way ever. Prequels honestly don't usually leave a mark on me but this on most certainly did. I will say that this book made me understand how Levana became so evil, but her actions in this book could only be described as dark. REALLY, REALLY DARK.

In this book, I found myself wanting Levana to be more accepting. I saw so many opportunities for her to become a new person and start over again, but she always chose to lie to herself. When I read Cinder, Scarlet, and Cress, all I wanted was for Levana to disappear since she was so evil. Now, I still think that her actions are FAR from correct, but instead of hating her so much, I almost feel sorry for her.

The relationship in this book was SO SO CREEPY. Levana means well, but she interprets it in the wrongest way ever. I feel like she doesn't know what love is, because she never felt it. With that said, lets move on to the new character, Queen Channary, other known as Cinder's mom. Cinder's mom is the total opposite of Cinder. Channary is the reason Levana became who she is. She is cold, self absorbent, rude, and arrogant. In fact, she was a villain since she was a child! The way she treated her sister really bothered me. She was always bullying Levana all the time, and I felt so bad for her! After reading the book, I now understand why Levana became so obsessed with the person she fell in "love" with. It was because all her life, she had no that understood her. She was lonely! So when a love interest came into her life, she treated him like he was everything. Which isn't wrong if she didn't manipulate him and completely controlled him.

Overall, I would consider Fairest a great read. It was basically everything I expected and a little more. It wasn't as mind blowing and complex as the rest of the other books in the series, but I would still consider it as a page turner. If you haven't read this book already, read it! You'll see a whole different side of Levana!









No comments:

Post a Comment