Saturday, September 22, 2018

Art Boss by Kayla Cagan

Art Boss Book Info:

Series: Piper Perish #2
Page count: 337
Author: Kayla Cagan
Genre: Contemporary
Set published date: October 2018
Format: ARC

Overall Rating:
★★★★★

Goodreads Description:
 "Artist Piper Perish has moved from her hometown of Houston, Texas, to New York City. Her days are spent exploring; her nights are filled with painting. It's her lifelong dream come true . . . . Except life in the city isn't as glamorous as it looks from afar. Piper's high-pressure work as an assistant to a famous modern artist takes away time from her own art. And Piper's new friend Grace, a budding activist, has Piper beginning to wonder if making great art is really enough.

In a story that stands alone but can be read as a companion novel to Piper Perish, acclaimed author Kayla Cagan returns with Piper's powerful and utterly authentic journey of growing up into a strong, independent young woman—as she learns how to make life about art, and how to make that art matter. Art Boss will have readers asking big questions along with Piper. What is art for? What can art do? And how can a young artist change the world?
 " - Goodreads


------✶✶✶------



Review



This book was the first ever ARC that I had ever received so I was definitely really excited going into this book! Art Boss is the sequel to Piper Perish, but it could also be read as a stand alone novel, which is exactly how I read it. Because this book was written as a sequel, I could understand why the introduction to the characters was so short. Because of this, I would recommend reading the first book, Piper Perish prior to reading Art Boss. 

This book was so enjoyable to me mainly because of the main character, Piper Perish. She is so, so determined and passionate about what she does. We follow her through so many hardships and tough times but she never fails to follow her dreams and pursue her passion. We watch her struggle from failures with businesses to struggles with relationships but she always keeps going.

Art Boss has also taught me SO MANY new and incredible thing about art. I learned that art has so much more meaning behind it, and it requires a person as brave and passionate as Piper to really master it. I also thought that the format this book was written in is very fitting for the overall theme of the book. It is written in a journal like format and it also has really cute drawings throughout the book which I find so cute and fitting. 


The plot in this book was very cute, fun, playful, and overall really unique! It's not everyday that you come across a book that follows a character through his/her career journey that is entertaining and inspiring. As if my TBR pile can't get any bigger, I think I'll be adding Piper Perish, the first book, to that pile. I really want to read more about Piper and how she became so interested in art. I can't wait to get around to reading it soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment